Yesterday I spoke of the follies of MicroCenter, now I want to make a list of what it has seemed salvageable to me.
In general, prices aren’t significantly lower compared with those found in a Hispanic country, but indeed the variety and novelty it is. Many of these things do not come, or do when they are obsolete here.
The American world is focused on digital TV, analog converters, new plans and many new TVs. Perhaps my interest in the machines has diverted me, but there are many interesting gadgets, exchange cables and petty trade.
These are some equipment that has drawn my attention:
- Fujitsu LifeBook P8020, the most that I liked, with 12.1 “, Intel Core 2 Duo, unfortunately brings Windows Vista and the price exceeds $ 1.400
- For $ 100 less, the same Notebook, with Intel Centrino Core 2 Duo.
- Gateway M-6888u Notebook, few of them can be seen after Acer bought Gateway. These are high performance machines, they always were. With 4GB Dual Channel, Intel Core 2 Duo, 320 GB SATA; brings an ATI Mobility Radeon graphic card of 512 discrete memory. Costs $ 599, just remove Windows Vista
- Similar to the above is the Satellite Toshiba P305d, but costs $ 200 more and the Pavilion dv5-1250us worth $ 250 more.
- The Acer AspireOne is just $ 279 and if you insist for a while they’ll give it in return for another purchase. For $ 329 you can get the Acer 10″ 160 GB but with a normal SATA disk, not the 5400 RPM the reason which makes bad performance of the Aspire One.
- In addition, in the Clearance & Overstocks for that price was the Acer 8.9- SATA normal, what happens is that there we have to be lucky if they are still available.
Emachines are not wrong, they go for $ 300, although with an AMD Athlon but for that price, with 14 “and 2GB DDR2 Dual, it may give short term results.
Interesting the Microsoft authorized Refurbisher, there are rebuilt equipments with one year warranty with which it can be solved basic problems for a school boy.
For $ 129, we can find an IBM Mini Tower with 512 MB and 40GB. It’s a filth for CAD work, but if your child is bothering much your super computer to do homework and research the Wikipedia … it’s enough.
Macs are expensive, yet the 2.0GHz MacBook was $ 999 and Mac Mini 1.83 GHz for $ 499
But if you want to see something wonderful the Mac Pro Quad-Core, with 3GB and Nvidia GeForce card with 512 MB. But here you have to mourn because $ 2.499 is a lot of money but worth it if you consider what you have.
And the extra tip, an external 1 TB drive Maxtor OneTouch 4 Plus, just for $ 119 and the same FreeAgent, also with 1 TB for $ 109, to finish dying, from Drive Station brand, the same Terabite DriveStation, costs $ 99 . Ughh! I paid that for 320 GB a couple of months ago.
Today I’ll see if with Craiglist Houston I can make some basic necessities, I will also go to a couple of garage sales for not to assume of the money I don’t have.